- With vegetable peeler or knife, peel skin off.
- Cut Butternut Squash in half, and then in manageable pieces about 1” cube.
- Place in pot of cool water and bring to boil with a little salt for about 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly and then mash.
- Add your favorite seasonings like nutmeg, brown sugar, honey, salt and pepper.
- We only added fresh thyme and salt on this occasion.
- Place in oven-safe casserole dish. If desired, add butter and brown sugar to top and heat briefly (5 minutes) in oven.
10137 Preston Rd
just off Mondon Hill Road between Hwy 41 and Hwy 50.
Produce Barn is open Sunday Monday Tuesday & Wednesday Farm Phone 352 799 6752 When we're busy in the field, our cells keep us available 352-232-3381 & 352-232-0294
For our Produce Stand locations, dates, and hours please click here.