- In a large saucepan, heat oil. Add carrot, celery, onion, and garlic. Saute until tender.
- Remove vegetables from the pan and add Italian Sausage, removed from the casing. Brown and drain off fat.
- In a large stockpot, place add chicken broth, vegetables and sausage. Open tomatoes, break them up by squeezing them with your hands and add to the soup along with the juice.
- Add the lentils.
- Season with salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes, oregano, thyme, and fennel seeds.
- Simmer until the lentils are tender…45-60 minutes. Remove 1/3 of the soup and puree it using a blender or hand held mixer, then return to the pot.
- Taste for seasoning…if needed add whatever.
10137 Preston Rd
just off Mondon Hill Road between Hwy 41 and Hwy 50.
Produce Barn is open Sunday Monday Tuesday & Wednesday Farm Phone 352 799 6752 When we're busy in the field, our cells keep us available 352-232-3381 & 352-232-0294
For our Produce Stand locations, dates, and hours please click here.