To see the original location, please click here.
We had fun with this dough a few nights ago, using lots of vegetables. But before we share toppings, you'll want the dough recipe. If you're a lover of "Big Apple" Style, crispy yet foldable Pizza, this is the dough for you.
Prep Time: 2 hours
Total Time: 2 hours
- 2 1/4 teaspoon (1 package) instant dry active yeast
- 1 cup warm water (not hot!)
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 3 cups bread flour, or as needed
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Add the water, yeast, sugar, and a 1/2 cup of the flour into a mixing bowl. Stir well and let sit for 20 minutes. It will get bubbly.
- Add olive oil, salt, and 2 cups of the flour, and mix with a wooden spoon until it's together enough to turn out on to a lightly floured work surface to knead.
- Knead for about 10 minutes, while adding more flour a little at a time, to produce a soft, elastic and slightly sticky dough. Do not add too much flour, just enough to keep it from sticking to the work surface as you knead.
- Form the dough into a ball and place in a large oiled bowl. Drizzle a few drops of oil and coat the top of dough to prevent the surface from becoming dry.
- Cover with a kitchen towel and place in a warm spot for 2 hours, or until the dough doubles in size.
- Punch down the dough and divide into 2 balls and place in large zip lock plastic bags and refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to use, remove from fridge, and let the dough come up to room temperature before using.