- Cover the beans with 1 inch of water and soak them overnight, or bring them to a rapid boil, cover and set aside for 1 hour.
- Drain the beans. Note: Canned Beans may be substituted if in a hurry. Dry beans are more cost effective.
- Place in large pot with other ingredients.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer over low heat and allow the soup to cook for 90 minutes to 2 hours, until the beans are tender.
- Cut ham from bone and put meat into soup.
- For creamier soup, place mixture into blender, placing hand on top of blender lid for safety.
- Serve hot.
- This herbed white bean soup makes 8 to 10 servings.
10137 Preston Rd
just off Mondon Hill Road between Hwy 41 and Hwy 50.
Produce Barn is open Sunday Monday Tuesday & Wednesday Farm Phone 352 799 6752 When we're busy in the field, our cells keep us available 352-232-3381 & 352-232-0294
For our Produce Stand locations, dates, and hours please click here.