- Balances pH (contains citric acid but is one of the most alkaline foods available. Once the citric acid is digested, it does not create further acid in the bod, but reduces the body's acidity.
- Help with weight loss Lemons are rich in pectin fiber with alkaline properties which helps negate hunger cravings. Lemons replace essential nutrients helpful to maintaining a healthy weight.
- Aids in digestion and waste excretion by flushing out toxins. It is liver's helpful partner and a natural diuretic, assisting the body's purification process and cleansing the urinary tract. Lemon's natural citrate helps prevent and break down kidney stones.
- Supports healthy immune system, circulatory system and digestive system.
- Rich in vitamin C, helping us fight off germs and promotes healthy skin through the circulatory system by decreasing wrinkles and blemishes. When our bodies and minds are "stressed", Vitamin C is one of the body's warriors, and is the first to be depleted. Replenish it regularly.
- Rich in beneficial minerals like calcium, iron, phosphorus, magnesium, sodium, copper, zinc, manganese, selenium and potassium. Potassium assists with brain and nerve function, helps regulate blood pressure, and can even help with stress and resulting moodiness. Most of the essential minerals needed by our bodies are found in lemon juice.
- Dental Hygiene - Lemons' analgesic properties can help relieve toothaches, gum bleeding and even control halitosis.
Because Mustards (shown below) and Collards (shown above) belong to the Cruciferous Family, they are extremely healthful and versatile, full of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. Please click here for information about Greens.
- Red and White Swiss Chard
Winter Salads are delicious! I've been enjoying salads consisting of romaine and kale, and all the accompanying goodies. Add a little Feta or Goat cheese, olives and olive oil - mmmm! Yummy!
White seedless Navels
Monday - Please note: we will not be at Clover Leaf this Monday, January 7 9AM - 2PM We are now serving our north Brooksville customers in the Cloverleaf Farm Mobile Home Park - just off Hwy 41, across from the Hernando County School Compound and south of Croom Road in North Brooksville. Turn into Cloverleaf Farm's main entrance, on the right side by the golf driving range.
- Lynn Twist -