Our best wishes for an enjoyable week. Hope you and yours are doing well and taking pleasure in the little things.
Sometimes we are in such a hurry, we forgot to stop for one minute to admire a bird or a flower or a child's latest endeavor. It's a fascinating world if we take the time to appreciate it.
Isn't the Kale GORGEOUS! I'm smitten with the Beasley Farm Kale!
We do not want to over cut this wonderful plant, because we like to keep our greens as fresh as possible.
They are nutritionally poweer-packed so we prefer bringing you freshly-cut produce.
Now is the time to freeze the pesticide-free leafy greens for use all year long. Add them to stews, soups, pasta dishes, and other sides.
How about freezing our pesticide-free greens while they are in season so they can be enjoyed all year long? See our web page for more information on how to freeze greens.
- Choose ripe tomatoes for maximum vitamins.
- For the most antioxidants, including lycopene and beta-carotene, choose the red tomatoes.
- Cooking tomatoes releases lycopene, which has a powerhouse of cancer-fighting properties. Because Lycopene is fat-soluble, try using olive oil, or foods rich in omega 3 fats like avocados to more easily absorb lycopene.
- Eating several tomato-based meals each week is a healthy gift for your heart and circulatory system.
- Try using a tomato sauce over other raw and steamed vegetables for maximum nutritional absorption of both veggies and tomatoes!
- Tomatoes are one of the few fruits which can become more nutritionally beneficial after being heated.
Jalapenos (be sure to remove the seeds!)
Baby Bok Choy
Honey Dew Melons
Monday - 9AM - 2PM We are now serving our north Brooksville customers in the Cloverleaf Farm Mobile Home Park - just off Hwy 41, across from the Hernando County School Compound and south of Croom Road in North Brooksville. Turn into Cloverleaf Farm's main entrance, on the right side by the golf driving range.